Rechercher dans ce blog

Friday, February 5, 2021

The daily gossip: Turns out Chrissy Teigen isn't actually relatable, the Screen Actors Guild thanks Trump for resigning, and more - Yahoo News

1.

Wednesday brought crushing news for anyone who thought a former Sports Illustrated swimsuit model who is married to an EGOT winner and worth an estimated $71 million might in some way be "relatable." On Twitter, Chrissy Teigen recounted going out to eat with her husband, John Legend, and asking the waiter to recommend "a nice cabernet," only to see on the bill that it cost them $13,000. People swiftly pointed out how "really f--king insensitive" it is to talk about "casually throwing away $13,000 on a platform for all to see during a recession/job crisis/pandemic," prompting Teigen to defend herself by saying "not everything" she posts will be relatable "because it is my life and my Twitter and my stories." She added, "My god. I am a real person, you know." [Page Six]

2.

Former President Donald Trump, a self-described "very smart guy," has outfoxed the Screen Actors Guild by resigning before the union's disciplinary committee could kick him out. "I write to you today regarding the so-called Disciplinary Committee hearing aimed at revoking my union membership. Who cares!" wrote Trump in an extremely on-brand letter to SAG-AFTRA president Gabrielle Carteris, of Beverly Hills, 90210 fame. The former president added, "While I'm not familiar with your work, I'm very proud of my work on movies such as Home Alone 2, Zoolander, and Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps…" Presumably Carteris was supposed to be quaking in her boots at that point, but the SAG-AFTRA promptly responded to Trump's resignation letter with literally the shortest possible statement: "Thank you." [Deadline, Entertainment Weekly]

3.

A Utah-based theme park is suing Taylor Swift for millions in damages, claiming the singer's latest studio album "has led to confused guests and negatively affected the park's searchability on Google." Evermore Park, a themed "fantasy village" that offers guests experiences like archery, axe throwing, and character interactions, added that Swift's 2020 album, titled evermore, further "infringes on the park's merchandise designs and album covers for their original soundtracks." Swift's lawyers maintain that no one would confuse evermore, an album Swift describes as venturing further into the "folklorian woods" of music, with Evermore, an immersive theatrical park made up of places with names like "Olde Towne," "Clawthorne Hollow," and "The Faerie Garden." However, Swift is probably kicking herself for not naming a track "drakenhaven" first. [Vulture]

4.

Is True getting a baby brother or sister? Very possibly, according to Khloé Kardashian, who mulled the idea of having a second baby with Tristan Thompson in a new clip from Keeping Up with the Kardashians. "Every time I post a video, Kim [Kardashian] DMs me and she's like, 'She can't play by herself her whole life,'" Khloé said, adding that True, who is 2, is "getting older and I feel like it's now time to have another kid." Thompson was on board, grinning and telling her: "Yep. That's what I like to hear." Added Khloé, "I'm gonna need you. We have to line it up with your schedule so I can make embryos with my frozen eggs. … I think I'm ready to do the whole pregnancy thing again." [Just Jared]

5.

If you're angry about Emily in Paris getting nominated for a Golden Globe this week while I May Destroy You was snubbed, know that even a writer for Emily in Paris agrees with you. Deborah Copaken said in an op-ed for The Guardian that she understands why some would be mad that her show, "about a white American selling luxury whiteness," got a nomination, while Michaela Coel's I May Destroy You, "my favorite show ever," did not. "Now, am I excited that Emily in Paris was nominated? Yes. Of course," Copaken writes, but "[my] excitement is now unfortunately tempered by my rage over Coel's snub. That I May Destroy You did not get one Golden Globe nod is not only wrong, it's what is wrong with everything." [The Guardian]

More stories from theweek.com
5 scathing cartoons about the GOP's Marjorie Taylor Greene problem
Kenyan woman finds a way to recycle plastic waste into bricks that are stronger than concrete
Tom Brady reads pre-Super Bowl mean tweets about his chin, his game, and his dog for Jimmy Kimmel

Let's block ads! (Why?)



"gossip" - Google News
February 05, 2021 at 04:30AM
https://ift.tt/2MFeW90

The daily gossip: Turns out Chrissy Teigen isn't actually relatable, the Screen Actors Guild thanks Trump for resigning, and more - Yahoo News
"gossip" - Google News
https://ift.tt/2QfcAx1
Shoes Man Tutorial
Pos News Update
Meme Update
Korean Entertainment News
Japan News Update

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Featured Post

E. Jean Carroll celebrates $83 million legal win over Donald Trump at downtown NYC bar with media types from MSNBC, Rolling Stone - Page Six

She had $83 million reasons to celebrate. E. Jean Carroll was spotted toasting her legal victory against Donald Trump — and her historic...

Postingan Populer